It appears that bbfreeze is much more simpler than py2exe. Just try out this afternoon.
– Download bbfreeze: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/bbfreeze/#downloads
– You can either choose to use the command line or simple put the below code in a setup.py file ( you can name it as you want):
#!/usr/bin/python from bbfreeze import Freezer f = Freezer("YOURPROJ_exe-1.0", includes=("_strptime",)) f.addScript("YOURPythonFile.py") # If there are multiple source files, just repeat this to add more f() # starts the freezing process
– Run this set up, and bbfreeze will create a subfolder: <YOURPROJ_exe-1.0> where all the dependencies and other stuff will go into
– Your compiled exe file is YOURPythonFile.exe
– Assuming your python file takes into the commands $YOURPythonFile.py command1 command2
It will be same when using the exe: $YOURPythonFile.exe command1 command2